Review Accomodation in Leeds: The Plaza

21:58


The Plaza is a student accommodation in Leeds. Basically, I found this accommodation from university website when looking for my accommodation. The flats for 5-6 students to share. My flat in Block B, in the same building with the reception desk, laundry room and gym.

All the bedroom is ensuite which in each room have own toilet, shower and wash basin. Bedroom is well furnished with a double bed, wardrobe, study desk, chair, shelving and have bed storange (that I just found recently!!). Heather is provided in the bedroom, you'll need this especially for winter, in my room the heather is turn off every 15-20 minutes, not sure about the other rooms but I guess it must b same so I need extra heather in my room because I am not used to this weather.

The kitchen is for shared with other flatmates, for me the kitchen is quite complete, have an electric oven and hob, fridge freezer, kettle, toaster, microwave, vacuum cleaner, iron and ironing board. And the cleaner will come once in two weeks to clean the kitchen.

We do have a living room in the kitchen, it's quite small but it's enough for 5 people to hangout in there and party??! My flatmates are partying a lot so I think it's should be fine for throwing a party in that space.

To do the laundry, you have to go to the laundry room on the first floor. And the laundry is not for free, have to use it with pre-paid card that can be topped up online and you can get the card on a machine near the reception desk. The price to do laundry is £3.30 for washing and £1.20 for drying, tips from me for saving money: I bought the airers for +/- £9 and put in near the heather so I can saving my money for drying everytime I do washes.

The most advantages from staying in university accommodation is the bills included in the rent price. All the water and electricity usage + internet are included in your rent. 

Each flat has their own postbox near the entrance door, but you have to share it with your flatmates. If you have parcels, you have to take it from reception desk and they will give you an email if you get one.

The location is super close to Leeds Beckett University, just walk for 5 minutes to the rosebowl campus and 10 minutes to Leeds University. The city center is about 15 minutes from here and there is local store beside the building that open until midnight. The closest supermarket is about 7 minutes from here.

Here some perks before choosing your accommodation in here. Most of the time, the plaza is always full booked before the class start but when you fill your form for accommodation, make sure the criteria you want. For example, do you prefer to share the flat with only woman or mixed? and quite or not? because students in here are mostly like partying and what you choose will make an impact with who is gonna be your flatmate for the whole year.

You Might Also Like

0 comments